Sunday, September 20, 2009

Santa Barbara







Cruised up the coast to catch up with an old friend from CCSP New Zealand days. I hadn't seen Mike in nearly 5 years. We caught up in Santa Barbara where's he been hangin for the summer before going back to architecture school in Oregon.
Spent the day checking out a totally rad farmers market, followed by an epic visit to the Santa Barbara mission where the flowers were out of this world.
Closed the day out with a little surfing. I was pretty stoked to give this a go. The surf was not quite firing, but it was good for a beginner. Plus, I had the greatest instructor in the world. And I got up twice! Not bad, eh?

All in all, a super-fun day...except that Mike got some gnarly food poisoning so he was OOC (out of commission) most of the evening. Still, Mike's a legend and it was really great to see him. He was the first person I met from my study abroad group and I wasn't quite sure what to make of the surfer lingo...felt like I was going to need to go to language school for it at first. And now, look at me workin a few words in to the vocabulary!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you got up twice! that's amazing!! i was starting to wonder about all your surf lingo...until i got to the end of the post. now if you could just come up with a calisurf-pennsylvaniagrammy fusion lingo...that would be even more awesome. i don't really know what i'm talking about. oh, and your photos are gorgeous!!!! see you tomorrow : )