Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas in So-Cal

First off, this was the aftermath of finals week. My room seriously looked and smelled like a boy's dorm room. Dirty dishes, chips, unmade bed, clothes strewn all over the place. It was revolting.



But now the incredibly busy quarter is over and everyone is filled with renewed optimism that the next one can't be nearly as bad.  I've already made lots of new years resolutions - to go to the gym, journal more regularly, spend quality time with people, spend quality time with God, start planning my overseas practicum (potentially for this summer), etc. etc.   All it takes is a little discipline.  All I need is a disciplinarian to reprimand me when I drop the ball.  That's all.
For the time being, I don't feel guilty for doing some fun stuff during the week off in Pasadena.  A friend and I went downtown this week to Grand Central Market, the Fashion District, Flower District, Central Library, Beverly Hills, then to Griffith Park to see the sunset and the city at night.  Pretty spectacular view up there.  However, LA can't hold a candle to New York or DC at Christmas.  It's already hard enough to think Christmas when it's still so warm and the leaves are just turning.  They have one semi-major lights display that people can walk through, and that's about it.  Maybe I'm just missing the other sights that you have to be "in the know" for.  Anyways, I'm disappointed Los Angeles...step up your game!


1 comment:

Daphne said...

just so you know, january will not be a month of discipline because we will be hanging out A LOT. unless we can work out and journal together. then that will be acceptable :) love ya and see you soon!