Monday, March 16, 2009

Where I live

Here are a few pictures of my room. I'm on the 5th floor of the apartment building, and there is nothing to impede my view looking out to the west. I love having a big window with lots of sunlight, and a little balcony area to do some rooftop gardening! :)

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa




Mom and I in the courtyard of Chang Apartments


The view from my window

I'm really liking Pasadena. Everything necessary for survival (and amusement) is within walking distance. There's a $2 movie theatre, 2 Trader Joe's nearby, a Target 3 blocks away, and nearly every ethnicity of people (and food, except Ethiopian :(
I got a job last week working at a new Mediterranean restaurant, so it's good to have a little income generating activity. Despite the $2 theatre, it is quite pricey to live in this area...especially considering the cost of living where I've been the last few years. But I've been so blessed with free furnishings, great roommates, having family nearby, and good friends out here, too! I'm eager to get started with classes, which is the real purpose for the move. Remind me that I said that in a few weeks. For the time being, I'm just enjoying my new digs!

No comments: